Monday, June 06, 2011

Ward Choir


Greetings to everyone,

You are receiving this email because you (and/or someone else in your household) indicated an interest in singing with the Ward choir. Thank you very much for your interest; I hope you will enjoy your participation in our efforts.
 Very few people expressed a preference for a particular practice time—those that did just said “sometime on Sunday.” In that case, I believe the best time (least likely to conflict with another Ward) would be before our meetings.

Choir practice will start at 8:30 on Sunday mornings and finish in about 15-20 minutes.

I would like the choir to be ready to perform “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” on 3 July. Due to the short amount of time to prepare, we will sing the hymn book version with minor variations. Everyone should know/learn the melody in addition to their part (SATB). I would also like for the sopranos to learn the alto part.
 Because of the short length of our practices, it will probably be necessary to have “self study” sessions during the week for more complicated pieces. To make this easier, I plan to make music (piano accompaniment and parts) available for your use in individual practice. For example, the following links are to a song I would like the choir to perform someday—it is one of my goals. It will require good participation in every choir section to be successful. At any rate, you can get an idea of what I would like to provide to each choir member to help you practice on your own. The sheet music is in the pdf file. One of the mp3 files is the piano accompaniment only, and the other has the piano in addition to each choir voice (SATB) as a different instrument. (The zip file is there so that you can download all the files to your own computer, if you wish.)


Finally, if any of you are interested in preparing and performing a solo or something with a group, please let me know so that I can include it in my planning for the Sacrament meeting songs.
Thanks for your interest in and support of the choir.

Sincerely,
 Brother VB

No comments:

Post a Comment